Recently I found myself thinking about life in general and how it’s been for me. I thought about what I had accomplished and what there was left to do before my time comes. I discovered that there will never be enough time and that was a very sobering thought in deed. An old saying came to mind right then that goes like this: “Do you feel good about what you did today and did that involve another person? Hopefully it did because you exchanged a day of your life for it.”
Here are 6 ways for you to have more happiness in your life whenever you choose to go get it.
1. Expect nothing from other people and you can’t be disappointed but choose to enjoy whatever they can give you of themselves. It may be all they have . . .
2. Look for the beauty in others instead of their faults
3. Don’t believe that others can MAKE you happy. You can feel good about being with, around or connected to others but you get to make the final decision about what creates happiness in you.
4. Buddha was asked, “What have you gained from meditation?” He replied, “Nothing! However let me tell you what I have lost: Anger, Anxiety, Depression, Insecurity, Fear of Old Age and Death.”
What I took from this passage was that I am the only one who can decide on the state of my own happiness. I do have power and control over Anger, Anxiety, Depression, Fear, Old Age and Death. How I choose to deal with them will determine my level of happiness.
We get so caught up in the excuses why we can’t experience happiness that we miss the pathways open to us when it presents itself.
5. Laugh as though you mean it and worry less about what others will think when you do.
6. Want less and enjoy what you have more.
Anyways, that’s how I see things–Jim
Video of the week: This little fella is an inspiration to the world. Whether you have seen it before or not it is worth watching again-enjoy.
Truth Talkin’ Thursdays: Episode 6
This week Jane and I spoke about dead beat dads and whether it’s fair to categorize some fathers of that even though they are doing the best they can. To hear more just go to my web page at: jimcloughley.com (click on Truth Talkin’ Thursdays) OR Janes page at: janeterdik.com.
Please send us a comment or two. You can reach us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or to Jane at: email@example.com. Pass this along to family and friends and thanks for stopping by.