As the picture above shows us, so often our life decisions are all about our perspective. Change that and you can change almost anything.
Well my turkey hangover is just about gone now and since I had decided to take a few days off I spent them catching up on what’s been going on around me. Odd how we can live in the middle of the storm and not be conscious of what is happening not ten feet away. So I spent some time checking out the ‘end of 2013’ documentary type shows which got me to thinking about doing a recap of my own ‘show’ this year.
Amongst other things that I do to amuse myself I enjoy collecting quotes–from anyone and everyone. One thing I found out was that this guy–his name is ‘Unknown’–is a pretty smart dude. Anyway, I find quotes to be a great way to teach an older dog a new trick or two. They are usually short. They provoke thought without being judgemental. For me, a great learning tool.
So, after some heavy duty thought, I have compiled a list of ten of my favourites from 2013. Treat them as you will-share them if you choose but give them a minute or two of your time. Got nothin’ to lose–right?
1. “Healing doesn’t mean the damage never existed. It means the damage no longer controls our lives.”–Unknown
2. “Everyone smiles in the same language.”–Unknown
3. “Lettin’ the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier’n puttin’ it back.”–Will Rogers
4. “When you are wrong just apologize and not argue. You will find less stress, anger and grief in your world if you do.”–JC
5. “To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible.”–Thomas Aquinas
6. “Some people try to turn back their odometers. NOT ME! I want people to know WHY I look this way. I’ve travelled a long way and some of the roads weren’t paved.”–Unknown
7. “Life ends when you stop dreaming. Hope ends when you stop believing. Love ends when you stop caring. Friendship ends when you stop sharing.”–Unknown
8. “Hope is the oxygen of the human spirit.”–Rory Butler
9. “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.”–Albert Einstein
(On our education system)
10. “Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement.”–Will Rogers
My hope is that you are able to find a bit of time to look them over and use one or two to help you get closer to where you want to be in 2014. Happy Year and
all the best.
That’s the way I see it anyway, Jim
If you have any quotes that you want to send along that would be appreciated. If you want to pass any of these along–feel free–