There are nights when I lay awake for hours just thinking about what is going on around us. So–what is really going on and am I one of a few who sees things that apparently others don’t see or don’t care about?
In the interests of sharing these things, here are 10 observations I have made over the last few weeks. Let me know how many of them you have concerns about as well.
1. The closer we get to being a true multi-cultural nation the less we get to enjoy our own traditions and national identity.
2. The more money we earn–the harder we work–the less we can afford.
3. The more rights other groups enjoy the less freedom we seem to have.
4. The longer we live the more sick we become.
5. The more Mr. Harper (The Teflon Man) denies any involvement in some of the ongoing scandals the more those around him seem to end up in shackles. (But never him–nothing sticks.)
6. The older we get the faster time goes by us.
7. The older children get the smarter their parents become.
8. The more we depend on technology the less safe and secure we become.
9. The more we share our country with others the closer we get to being a minority.
10.The more we accept other spiritual beliefs the less we see evidence of our own.
Actually there are 15–I lied.
11.The longer we endure political correctness the closer we come to our own demise.
12.The more we continue to place our trust in those who have proven to be untrustworthy the greater the risk of losing the hopes and dreams we held for our children and their children.
13.By trying to enforce the unenforceable the weaker and more hopeless we become.
14.The more we allow entitlement to flourish unchecked the more restricted we become.
15.The more we leave things to be done for us the more they will get done to us.
A quote by Jay Leno:
“With hurricanes, tornadoes, fires out of control, mud slides, flooding, severe thunderstorms tearing up the country from one end to another, and with the threat of bird flu and terrorist attacks, are we sure this is a good time to take God out of the Pledge of Allegiance?”
There will be those who agree with none of these. There will be those who agree with some of these and there will be those who may agree with all of these. In any case please let me know what you are thinking and include your comments.
Anyways, that’s the way I see it.
Thanks for your time, Jim